- This 90 minute class begins with Yin, a deep stretching practice followed by Yang, an active practice to stretch, strenghen and realign the muscular and skeletal body.
- This class works the "whole" body mentally, emotionally and physically. Participants increase their individual limits of flexibility and strength. This style of yoga focuses on stretching and strengthening your body on a very deep level, developing body alignment and posture and internal awareness.
- Moving body in concert with breath, hatha yoga is the practice of asanas (comfortable stable poses) which strengthen, purify and balance the endocrine, nervous and circulatory systems while also developing and strengthening muscles.
- Students build upon the basics of Hatha Yoga while learning more advanced poses and deepening breath awareness. Poses can be modified to suit beginning students.
Functional Hatha Yoga: This classical yoga class blends yoga therapy, optimal alignment, breath-led flow, pranayama and meditation. The focus is upon form as being critical to funcion, function as being critical to freedom. This yoga class will introduce mindfullness-based alignment and other techniques appropriate to help you accomplish deeper levels of health and healing. 75 minutes. All levels welcome!
- Students learn the pacing and breath work of 'flow yoga". This is a strong class with challenging postures and pacing for advanced beginner and intervediate students. Some experience with hatha yoga is beneficial.
- Focus on your breathing in this vigorous practice of Yoga with challenging "asanas". This class builds inner awareness and a balance between strength and endurance. Suitable for anyone with previous Vinjasa experience.
Ashtanga - A power flow practice that helps to develop strength and flexibility of the muscles followed by a slow (floor) practice that works to restore freedom of movement to the joints of the hips and lower spine.
Yoga Basics - Introductory and beginner level. Participates learn to safely and effectively increase their flexibility and strength.
Yoga for EveryBODY: A balanced class of stretching, strengthening and core work to help anybody feel great.